Saturdays, Sundays & NYC public school holidays 11 AM – 7 PM
Please visit our Facebook page for up-to-date information about weather-related closures.
All children under 42 inches tall must ride on an adult’s lap, with only one child per lap. Both children and accompanying parents must have a ticket. Children under 12 months old may ride for free.
We love dogs, but please note that all dogs must be leashed in the park, and are not allowed in the pavilion or on the ride.
#1 to South Ferry, R to Whitehall Street, W to Whitehall Street on weekdays, #4 and #5 to Bowling Green
M5, M15, M15 SelectBusService, M20 to South Ferry
From the West Side: Take the West Side Highway / West Street south to the Battery Place exit.This is the last exit before the Battery Tunnel underpass. See map for area parking garages.
From the East Side: Take the FDR Drive south to Exit 1 – Whitehall street.Immediately after the exit, a parking garage is available at 1 New York Plaza.
If you need an address to enter into your GPS or phone for directions, use 17 State Street, which is located just across the street from the carousel.
Pedestrians can enter the park at
- Pier A Plaza, at West Street & Battery Place
- State Street just east of Broadway, by the IRT headhouse (station entrance serving the #4 and #5 subway lines)
- State Street & Water Street
- Battery Place at Greenwich Street
- South Street, by the Whitehall Terminal (serving the Staten Island Ferry)